Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
- Maintain a safe workplace within the department and ensure compliance to all site policies and procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to ICMI code in the plant and maintain the highest standards in terms of safety.
- Check and monitor the use of required reagent addition rates as determined by the metallurgical technical team to ensure maximum plant recovery and reagent optimization.
- Ensure all mills run within the required set parameters (Power and Weight) for optimum operations.
- Participate in all meetings with engineering and production to ensure co-ordination of production activities between operators and maintenance in a timely manner to ensure maximum plant utilization.
- Implement improvement ideas that ensure continuous improvements of our operations in terms of safety, production and cost effectiveness.
- Review shift report on occurrences during the shift to ensure all down times are captured and initiate actions to correct all deviations.
- Ensure high housekeeping standards in all various units at the plant.
- Ensure maximum labour utilization and compile timely labour hours work per shift for payment of salaries and allowances.
- Work with the metallurgical team and laboratory to ensure the optimum metallurgical performance of the crushing plants.
- Work with the maintenance team to achieve efficient plant equipment performance and availability.
- Coordinate production shutdowns and start-ups of the crushing plants to minimize delays.
- Inspect primary production and auxiliary equipment regularly for maintenance integrity.
- Review operating reports or log sheets throughout regular scheduled shifts and take corrective action to maintain operating parameters.
- Prepare production and operating reports, complete work requests, prepare purchase or warehouse requisitions and oversee employee time and attendance reports.
Education and Experience
- BSc in Metallurgical, Mineral Engineering or a related qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in CIL operations.
- Certified by Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission of Ghana as a Processing Supervisor/Engineer or Senior Process Supervisor or above
- In-depth knowledge in a CIP/CIL operation utilizing SAG & Ball mills.
- Competent to handle multiple tasks to achieve the required result.
- Effective supervision, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge in computer application especially the use of Microsoft Excel and power point.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 25th May. 2022