The West African Examinations Council invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions in the Ghana National Office.
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others in the Reprographics Department:
• Prepare and operate offset printing machines. • Perform daily cleaning, routine and scheduled maintenance on machines. • Monitor the printing process to maintain print quality. • Assist in training individuals and other team members assigned. • Comply with established security and safety procedures, policies and core processes of the organization. • Work with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects. • Focus on improved quality, work turn-around, safety, cost reductions and customer satisfaction. • Perform other job duties as assigned (operating photocopiers, duplicators, etc). • Resolve minor technical issues with presses, ink and other solutions as necessary.
• Applicants must not be more than thirty (30) years of age at the time of applying.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must possess a minimum of WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE/GCE Ordinary Level with credits in at least five (5) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics,
• BECE and Printing Craft certificate issued by Ghana Education Service or NVTI Grade certificate.
• Applicants must have at least one (1) year relevant post-qualification experience in a reputable organization. • Familiarity with various types of offset presses (Single sheet-feed, Continuous-feed).
• Ability to detect defects in printed pieces while jobs are in progress and make adjustments for correction. • Very good quality-driven work habits. • Strong commitment to meet deadlines and quality standards. • Ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions. • Basic mechanical ability and a desire to acquire further knowledge and understanding of the operations of offset printing press. • Knowledge/experience of the use of and application of inks to paper and the various chemicals and materials used in the pressroom. • Ability to be trained to operate other finishing machines and digital presses. • Knowledge of pre-press work as related to press activities (correct imposition and gripping) • Willingness to work overtime and if needed holidays and weekends
• All applicants must be physically and medically fit and of good character.
The salary and conditions of service are highly competitive.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 14 August, 2020