• Plan International in partnership with Instiglio and the Jacobs Foundation will implement the Education Outcome Fund Programme (EOF) under the Ghana Accountability and Learning Outcomes Programme (GALOP). The programme is aimed at improving the quality of education in low performing basic education schools and strengthen education sector equity and accountability in Ghana. The Programme is for a period of 4 years.
• The Supply Chain Coordinator will provide procurement, logistical and administrative support in alignment with Plan International’s Supply Chain Operations Manual to the Team Up Project. The role includes all procurement and logistical management for the project. One Supply Chain Assistant and 3 Drivers report to the role.
Dimensions of the Role
• The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient coordination of project related activities towards implementation of the Team Up Project. Under the direction of the Project Manager, the position holder would assist in the day-to-day activities of planning, managing, coordinating, and superintending operations, support, monitoring and reporting tasks. The post-holder will be based in the Tamale office and the role will involve travel to project communities where the project operates for approximately 40% of her/his time.
• Responsible for the training and coaching of all relevant project staff on SAP procurement
• Communicate effectively the status on procurement via weekly tracker update and responding to any inquiries.
• Be proactive in advising program staff of delivery schedules, any pending decisions to be made about procurement, product specifications
• Receive and process invoices, process payment of suppliers for items delivered. Follow up the payment process with Finance to ensure SCI fulfils its obligations to suppliers.
• Make sure that all procurement is carried out in accordance with appropriate donor policies and procedures, standards, Country Procurement policy & manual and where required, donor rules.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly procurement status reports for all purchases.
• Reviewing inventory levels, prices, and vendor contracts to identify areas for improvement in efficiency or cost savings
• Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods, ensuring this lead-time is followed up and achieved.
• Develop and update procurement plan ensuring realistic lead times and delivery to meet project workplan timelines.
• Processes all major payments that are above the threshold of Project field staff.
• Responsible for the procurement of all assets for the Team Up Project.
• Oversees the importation of goods and services
• Offering administrative coordinators technical advice on procurement activities
• Makes flight reservation for all Project staff who intend to travel by air
• Conducts vehicle performance analysis for all Project vehicles
• Collates, reviews and maintains Plan Ghana assets register
• Identifying potential risks in the supply chain and developing plans to mitigate these risks
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements pertaining to procurement of goods and services.
• Making hotel reservation for foreign visitors
• Understands administrative requirements as per the local procurement guide and procedures and provides required services to staff
• Supports with coaching staff on the discharge of administrative functions
• Exhibits a good sense of judgment and responsibility in the performance of duties
• Works with minimum supervision
• Refers all final decision making to a senior manager.
Communications and Working Relationships:
• Keeps and maintain a high contact with contractors, service providers and suppliers for the provision of goods, material, equipments, utilities repairs and maintenance that would ensure the Project receives value for money.
• Maintains a high contact with all project office staff to receive and process requests for administrative services
• Maintains medium contact with staff based on the field to offer support, information, influence and or reasoning with regards to administration related issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• B.Sc. in Administration or equivalent
• Minimum of 4 years working experience in a similar position
• Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage
Key skills & Competencies
• Good communication and ICT skills
• Good inter-personal skills
• Good client/customer relations
• Good writing and reporting skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong team player
• High level of discretion
• Planning & organizing
• Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
• Good planning organizational abilities
• Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
• Good supervisory and listening abilities
• Open to feedback and willingness to adopt to new approaches and processes
• Ability to inter-face with all levels of management
• Analytical and attention to detail
• Good team player
• Safety and security conscious
• Good presentation and attention to details
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 28 July, 2022