• Plan International in partnership with Instiglio and the Jacobs Foundation will implement the Education Outcome Fund Programme (EOF) under the Ghana Accountability and Learning Outcomes Programme (GALOP). The programme is aimed at improving the quality of education in low performing basic education schools and strengthen education sector equity and accountability in Ghana. The Programme is for a period of 4 years.
• The Supply Chain Assistant will provide procurement, logistical and administrative support in alignment with Plan International’s Supply Chain Operations Manual to the Team Up Project. The role includes all procurement and logistical management for the project. One Supply Chain Coordinator and 3 Drivers report to the role.
Dimensions of the Role
• The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient coordination of project related activities towards implementation of the Team Up Project.
• Under the direction of the Supply Chain Coordinator, the position holder would assist in the day-to-day activities of planning, managing, coordinating, and superintending operations, support, monitoring and reporting tasks.
• The post-holder will be based in the Tamale office and the role will involve travel to project communities where the project operates for approximately 40% of her/his time.
• Responsible for assisting in the training and coaching of all relevant project staff on SAP procurement
• Make sure that all procurements carried out have clear specifications, are best value for money, transparent, accountable, subject to fair competition and are meeting agreed lead times and programme needs.
• Make sure that no procurements are carried out without budget holder approval, either directly or as properly delegated.
• Suppliers are managed professionally, impartially and with no appearance of impropriety.
• Supports the processing of all major payments that are above the threshold of Project field staff
• Responsible for the procurement of all assets for the Team Up Project
• Oversees the importation of goods and services
• Offering administrative coordinators technical advice on procurement activities
• Makes flight reservation for all Project staff who intend to travel by air
• Conducts vehicle performance analysis for all Project vehicles
• Collates, reviews and maintains project assets register
• Making hotel reservation for foreign visitors
• Understands administrative requirements as per the local procurement guide and procedures and provides required services to staff
• Supports with coaching staff on the discharge of administrative functions
• Exhibits a good sense of judgment and responsibility in the performance of duties
• Works with minimum supervision
• Refers all final decision making to a senior manager.
Communications and Working Relationships:
• Keeps and maintain a high contact with contractors, service providers and suppliers for the provision of goods, material, equipment, utilities repairs and maintenance that would ensure the Project receives value for money.
• Maintains a high contact with all project office staff to receive and process requests for administrative services
• Maintains medium contact with staff based on the field to offer support, information, influence and or reasoning with regards to administration related issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• B.Sc. in Administration or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar position
• Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage
Key skills & Competencies
• Good communication and ICT skills
• Good inter-personal skills
• Good client/customer relations
• Good writing and reporting skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong team player
• High level of discretion
• Planning & organizing
• Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
• Good planning organizational abilities
• Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
• Good supervisory and listening abilities
• Open to feedback and willingness to adopt to new approaches and processes
• Ability to inter-face with all levels of management
• Analytical and attention to detail
• Good team player
• Safety and security conscious
• Good presentation and attention to details
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 28 July, 2022