• Under the overall supervision of the UNHRD Manager, the IT Operations Assistant will be expected to perform the following duties:
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimization, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use
• Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for staff is available.
• Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
• Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of IT services.
• Respond to a variety of queries about technology and IT systems to assist staff to deliver their services.
• With support of senior colleagues, provide standard IT training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
• Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology, in accordance with WFP Corporate standard rules, policies and ICT directives.
• Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organized.
• Install, operate, and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standards operations procedures.
• Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
• Suggest improvements to methods and processes to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
• Support the coordination of new application implementation to provide staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
• Provide backstopping support for WFP Ghana Country Office in the absence of Country Office IT Officer.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of first degree in Computer Science, or any other related qualification. A Master’s degree in the above related field is an added advantage.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
• A minimum of four years of progressive work experience in supporting role in IT.
• Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
• Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
• Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
Language: Fluency and Good Command of the English language is essential.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 03 March, 2022