Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Analyst, the HR Associate provides leadership in execution of the full range of CO HR services ensuring their transparency and integrity. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and promotes the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex HR-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of HR recording and reporting systems with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework, proper functioning of the HR management system.
• Provision of advice and information on corporate strategies, changes in rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlements, change management processes.
• CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management.
• Maintain the CO organogram to ensure that it is updated periodically.
2. Ensures effective administration of human resources focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Organization of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels. Provision of advice on recruitment in UNDP projects.
• Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (FTA/TA SCs/N-PSA). Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues.
• Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
• Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
• Preparation or review of submissions to the Compliance Review Panel (CRP).
• Administration of delegated International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to COs.
• Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
• Coordinating of the CO payroll every month by ensuring that all payroll related transactions are completed timely in ATLAS and payroll templated is sign and submitted to GSSU Payroll at the agreed cut of date.
3. Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Facilitation of the performance management process and maintenance of the related data acting as Secretary of TRG.
• Participation in preparation of the Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Learning Manager.
• Perform PMD Administrator function
• Support supervisors in ensuring that all staff have completed mandatory courses
4. Support to the UN System focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys. • Participation in the work of LSSC.
• Actively participate in the OMT HR Working group.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues.
• Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR. University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
• 7 years of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
• Experience with a UN organization or other international organization is an asset
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc
• Experience in handling of web-based management system is highly desirable
• Good communication skills being able to convey complex matters to a diversity of clients
• Proficiency in English. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Please fill application wit the exact job title and location if indicated
Closing Date: 21 May, 2021