AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Geotechnical Laboratory Technician.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To co-ordinate and monitor the geotechnical requirements for the mine in line with the established mine plan. To mitigate geotechnical risk by identifying geotechnical hazards and advising appropriate actions.
- Monitor geotechnical systems and procedures to ensure an effective and efficient implementation of the Rock Engineering/Backfill strategies and programs.
- Perform laboratory testing as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Compile, log and record testing or operational data for review and further analysis.
- Effectively monitor geotechnical processes & systems to help establish and manage appropriate levels of studies to develop the Obuasi Mine asset potential.
- Monitor the implementation of short-term plans (Quarter by Quarter) to ensure delivery of budget requirements and operations strategy
- Coordinate geotechnical strategies to support the Quarterly risk assessment & Mitigation Plans
- Test and analyze samples to determine their content and characteristics, using laboratory tools or testing equipment
- Maintain assigned equipment and related calibration.
- Perform basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the stakeholders
- Carry out compliance reporting and monitoring processes and routines
- Conduct effective results tracking system
- Monitor geotechnical system in place to collect and manage operational data and to monitor performance
- Provide clear documentation of findings and results
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects.
- Attend safety communications and meetings
- Carry out audit to confirm that safety goals and targets are achieved
- Adhere to legislative and regulatory compliance and document control
- Provide required information to help carry out incident investigation
- Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work.
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Geotechnical function
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Qualification of Senior High School (Science) Certificate
- With or without any years of experience in underground mining environment
- Demonstrate knowledge in the computer (Microsoft windows)
- Demonstrate capacity to interpret data and successfully action sound tactical decisions
- Safety (Advanced Application): Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
MTS Processes & Practices (Advanced Application):
- Knows when to engage Supervisors support.
- Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.