AngloGold Ashanti (AGA) has implemented a new operating model to drive strategic alignment across the business with a common organizational design for the company to deliver its purpose. This ensures we have the right people in the right place to make effective and efficient decisions that are consistent with AGA’s vision and purpose.
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (Ghana/Tanzania Business Unit) is seeking experienced and self-motivated persons to join our Regional Technical team as
Job Title: SHUTDOWN SPECIALIST
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To implement Shutdown Management according to AGA Shutdown management Framework.
- Develop and implement appropriate systems and provide Asset Management services and support.
Support the business in aligning the following best practices related to the Shutdown Management improvement process:
- Establishment of multi-year shutdown plans identifying major modifications, and maintenance commitments, plan is sequenced with other business units.
- Optimisation through review of shutdown scope, duration, and frequency.
- Well defined shutdown process and accountability.
- Performance indicators from shutdown development and planning through shutdown execution.
- Ongoing strategy for capital investments to improve shutdown performance.
- Determine and ensure inclusion of shutdown work into the 24 months to LOM plans, inclusive of asset integrity considerations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or National Diploma in Engineering and a Trade will be an advantage
- At least 5 years’ engineering experience in the mining industry related to shutdown management
- Sound understanding of components and key drivers of the mining value chain.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and reconciling these with agreed objectives.
- Contribute to strategic and analytical thinking
- Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration, Conflict management and Teamwork, Developing Others, Communicating powerfully and prolifically.
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty.
- Creating Organizational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives.
- Maximizing Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analyzing Issues, Driving for Results, Displaying Technical and Professional expertise, Innovating, Taking Initiative, Championing Change, Establishing Stretch Goals.