• Curate live updates around various topics and events across civic integrity, local news, misinformation, entertainment and sports for Twitter customers
• Weave together stories from sequences of Tweets
• Identify events and emerging trends on Twitter that will drive unique content experiences
• Work cross-collaboratively with teammates and internal stakeholders to create strategies for key events in West Africa time zone
Qualification Required & Experience
• Strong real-time news judgment: Able to provide timely and accurate coverage of the most impactful conversations on the platform.
• Excellent editing skills. Can quickly identify ways to improve copy and effectively communicate changes while working with others in the team.
• Use Twitter and very familiar with the product
• Experience in online content moderation
• Excellent understanding of the Nigerian political system
• Deadline-oriented and thrives in fast-paced, changing environments
• Fluency and ability to read and write in English and Pidgin English
Nice to haves:
• An interest in Machine Learning and Human-in-the-Loop technology
• Multilingual in additional Nigerian languages like Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa
• Experience or aptitude for news gathering tools like Tweetdeck, Dataminr for News preferred but not required.
• Experience with JIRA
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 12 May, 2021