Responsible for tele-calling to debtors within bucket one to agree on the payment of outstanding and in the overall complement the collection team in the attainment of its target.
Job Title: Credit Operations Officer
Main Accountabilities and approximate time split
Processing & Controls – (100%)
- Call delinquent (Bucket 1) customers to collect arrears and reduce Impairments to the barest minimum
- To work within the roll rates of the team’s target to reduce account growth in Bucket 1 delinquencies
- To achieve the agreed set target on amount collected, calls, contact rate, PTP rate and KP etc. for the day, month and year
- To maintain a constant telephone contact with delinquent customers on their loan arrears.
- Send arrears letters and SMS to delinquent customers on their loan account status as per the Unit’s strategy on letters and SMS.
- To update Debt Manager with all customer details and agreements reached.
- To search for customer contact details to call for collections action.
- To refer all loan account issues to supervisor for review and advice through Debt
Knowledge and Expertise
- knowledge in the use of other key Microsoft Office applications (ie MS Excel, MS Access and MS Word)
- Practical experience in the use of core banking systems (FOS/BRAINS) and understanding of their impact on general banking operations
- Fine writing/documentation skill
- Fine understanding of the high level business activities of the various functions
- Fine appreciation of the basic functions of key banking systems and their process dependencies
- Fine understanding of Compliance and other regulatory and requirements
- A certificate or exposure in quality related programme (s)