The West African Examinations Council invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions in the Ghana National Office.
Job Title: Account Clerks
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others in the Finance Division:
• Perform accounting and clerical duties.
• Type, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records.
• Prepare bank deposit slips, general ledger postings and statement.
• Enter financial transactions in database daily.
• Provide assistance and support to Finance personnel.
• Applicants must not be more than thirty (30) years of age at the time of applying.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must possess a minimum of WASSCE/SSSCE/GCE Ordinary Level/General Business Examination Certificate with credits in at least five (5) subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and Financial/Cost Accounting.
• Any additional certification in an accounting-related area from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
• Applicants must be computer literate with proficiency in the use of MS Excel.
Applicants must have at least one year relevant post-qualification experience in a reputable organisation.
• Attention to details.
• Good communication skills.
• Integrity and the ability to act responsibly and ethically.
• Accuracy in accounting computations and data entry.
• Strong people skills, a polite and professional demeanor.
• All applicants must be physically and medically fit and of good character.
• The salary and conditions of service are highly competitive.
Closing Date : 14 August, 2020