The HR Generalist works with assigned business unit(s) and acts as the first point of contact for Human Resources issues, including but not limited to, talent acquisition, workforce planning, coaching and counseling support to management and supervisors in the areas of employee relations, performance management, training, and policy interpretation. HR Generalist understands the business needs, challenges appropriately, and assists department level managers and supervisors in developing and executing people strategies to address those business needs.
A key component of this role is the ability to build trust, credibility, and collaborative relationships in order to consult with business leaders and add value. The HR Generalist works in close relation with the Area Human Resource Manager in providing management advising and consultation.
Job Title: HR Generalist
- Accountable for the implementation of HR-related processes, practices, policies and outcomes within the assigned business unit(s) as directed
- Manages the recruiting process, including posting open positions, reviewing resumes and employment applications, screening candidates, coordinating interviews, and conducting reference checks.
- Conducts onboarding to integrate new staff members into organizational culture and practices.
- Provides innovative and creative solutions to complex HR issues, including some influenced by culture, language, legal requirements, and other sources of complexity.
- Facilitates timely resolution of employee relations issues while maintaining an appropriate balance between employee and management advocacy.
- Works with managers and supervisors to address associate relations and performance issues.
- Formulates strong relationships and partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and associates.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, and new technologies in human resources and talent management areas.
- Partner with HR Shared Services to maintain Human Resource Information System records and produce reports.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
Must be a member of the Church and worthy of a temple recommend.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Master’s degree and HR Certification preferred.
- 6+ years of Human Resources experience including strong HR Business Partnering and Employee Relations
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in human resources-related laws, regulations, and best practices, and commitment to stay abreast of the changing dynamics in the human resources field.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including ability to make effective presentations in front of groups and facilitate meetings.
- Ability to understand and analyze HR statistics and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate sensitive situations, gather facts and data, solicit feedback and make well thought out recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects/work initiatives at one time.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and business tool.
- Ability to critically think through ambiguous and sensitive situations. Good judgment.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate business unit needs and make recommendations.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Proficiency in French will be an added advantage