Subsea 7 is a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the evolving energy industry, with over 80 nationalities across more than 30 countries. Everywhere we operate, our people are inspired to develop new ways of working and adapt to the changing energy industry.
We provide project management, engineering, and construction expertise across the full field lifecycle. These services are delivered within three operational business units: Subsea and Conventional, Life of Field, and Renewables and Heavy Lifting.
Within Africa, Middle East & Caspian region (AMEC), we safely execute Subsea and Conventional projects which connect seabed wellhead infrastructures to surface facilities such as platforms and floating production systems. We are actively present in a significant number of countries in Africa, Europe, the Caspian Sea, the Middle East, and Asia.
Job Title: Installation Engineer
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
Within the framework of our Projects/Tenders in the Africa region, we are looking for an experienced Project Installation Engineer to join our Installation Department within the Africa Engineering Management Department.
This role is based at Subsea 7’s office in Accra, Ghana.
You will be in charge of the installation of main equipment on project asset. The engineer will be responsible to define needs with our operation department. Follow design phase and fabrication.
This role is direct line between engineering and operation department to ensure good readiness of each asset. You will prepare the missions and then support the offshore people during the operations. Your interface will be at the heart of the project and you will ensure the liaison between the Client, the suppliers, the operational people and the design teams.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform installation procedures for vessel mobilisation,
- Perform equipment definition
- Perform lifting and rigging analysis,
- Write technical project documents,
- Bring technical expertise during the procurement process, and confirm the project’s progress at interim meetings with the Lead Engineer,
- Check of installation analysis work and reports,
- Liaise with project teams to obtain input data, agreeing installation feasibility and providing technical support in Client reviews,
- Liaise with project teams and Clients to clarify installation procedures concerns,
- Collaborate to develop and constantly improve tools and internal processes for installation methods activities,
- Participate to vessel/CB mobilization as well as installation phases on vessel in order to validate technical solutions by respecting the rules of the Group HSEQ,
- Provide support to on-going offshore installation activities,
- Actively participate in internal study projects as assigned.
- Graduated with a degree in Engineering, with 5 years of experience in engineering on Oil & Gas related installation projects.
- Knowledge and proven experience of installation of subsea structures.
- Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, Client and suppliers.
- Missions on constructions sites onshore and offshore during execution phases according to requirements.
- A fluent level in English (spoken, written and read) is essential.