At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
WebGen is the world’s first truly wireless blasting initiating system which completely eliminates the need for down-lines and surface connecting wires, communicates through rock, air and water to initiate blasts reliably and safely, removing people from harm’s way.
About The Role
Due to increased demand and variety of new and existing projects in the region, we are on the lookout for a Senior Engineer – Wireless Blasting to work within our African Mining Services team. The role can be based in most Orica locations in Africa, and will operate on a 9weeks on, 4 weeks off roster.
Reporting to the Regional WebGen Manager, the primary purpose of the role will be to provide Technical Support to our customers and Orica stakeholders for our WebGen technologies, along with providing project management in WebGen trials, roll-outs and project wins on various sites across the African region.
Additionally, the role will provide training and support to all the local Orica and Customer Project and Operational Teams in the best practice application of Orica’s WebGen™ product across a number of sites in our Africa business.
The role will suit a person with Underground Mining experience who comes equipped with operational or engineering experience, who has a passion to work with the very latest of innovative and cutting-edged blasting technologies.
What you will be doing
- Project managing product trials and applications on various customer sites across Orica’s Africa business and sometimes further afield;
- Training, coaching and mentoring both Orica and customer operations and technical teams;
- Supporting the customer’s D&B Engineering department with blast designs reviews relating to the use of WebGen;
- Interfacing with a diverse group of customers and sites, providing operational and technical solutions, product stewardship and trouble-shooting in the application of our products.
What you will bring
- A tertiary qualification in mining engineering;? or
- Underground and surface operational blasting experience;
- 5+ years’ experience in UG mining operations;
- An ability to work autonomously, and with limited direction;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- A mindset to always looks for better ways to deliver value for Orica, and our customers.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 28th April. 2022