Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates to join our team in the role of Livelihoods Specialist for the USAID Ghana Sustainable Fisheries Management Project (SFMP). The Livelihoods Specialist will work closely with the Market Development Specialist, members of the Resonance home office project management team, and other internal and external stakeholders to identify and support promising supplementary livelihoods for individuals and households engaged in the fisheries sector. S/he will identify attractive supplementary livelihoods activities that build on skills common in fisheries households, organize trainings to strengthen technical and financial capacity of participants, and work with the Market Development Specialist to implement an in-kind grant mechanism to support participants piloting selected livelihoods.
This will be a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana from July 2020-March 2021.
Job Title: Livelihoods Specialist
- Work with apex fisheries and fish processing organizations to identify and screen youth in fisheries households who will be interested in piloting alternative livelihoods
- Work with apex fisheries and fish processing organizations to identify high-potential non-fisheries livelihoods to include in support activity
- Provide trainings for participants in financial literacy, financial management and technical skills relevant to supplemental livelihoods
- Support the Market Development Specialist to develop private sector partnerships to mitigate fish supply chain disruptions and capitalize on the economic opportunities with market shifts
- Review grant requests to support livelihoods activities and procure in-kind contributions for grantees who have met all criteria
- Carry out brief market survey of alternative value-added foods to produce with fish processing equipment, and pilot production of any high-potential products identified in the market survey
- Link participants to local microfinance organizations and support loan applications on a limited basis
- Monitor impacts of grants on participant’s incomes and livelihoods
- Produce reports evaluating the potential of piloted livelihoods to provide supplementary income to households involved in fisheries in collaboration with the Market Development Specialist and home office staff
- Other duties upon request
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in degree in economic development, business, or a relevant field
- Seven (7) years of experience designing and implementing livelihoods activities
- Experience with supplementary livelihoods and micro-entrepreneurship, specific experience working with small scale fisheries value chains preferred
- Experience successfully integrating youth into livelihoods activities
- Experience supporting financial literacy and access to finance
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with local organizations, community groups, microfinance institutions, and other program partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, guide, and implement livelihoods and community business strengthening, with demonstrated experience in enterprise development.
- Demonstrated ability to work within cross-cultural teams
- Proven ability to meet targets and deadlines for a project of similar scope and size
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment
- Experience providing technical assistance, including organizing and conducting workshops and trainings
- Eligibility to work in Ghana
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date : 17 July, 2020