The Ghana Police Service is from 27th August offering employment opportunities for qualified Ghanaians who are interested in Law Enforcement to apply to join the Police Service.
The available categories are General Duty Recruits, Tradesmen Recruits, Graduates (General Duty), and Graduates Professionals . There are sub-categories of Tradesmen and Graduate Professionals.
However, all Applicants must satisfy all general requirements in addition to specific requirements for a chosen category/subcategory. The application process shall be originated online; therefore, physical submission of application forms shall not be accepted.
Job Title: Graduates Professionals
All Applicants shall satisfy these requirements in addition to the specific requirement for a specific category. An Applicant must:
- Be a Ghanaian by birth.
- Be of good character.
- Be without criminal records.
- Not have been dismissed from any public service or any other employment.
- Must not be more than the age stated for a specific category by 01/12/2021.
- Be at least 5 feet 8 inches (173cm) tall for males and 5 feet 4 inches (163cm) for females.
- Be physically and medically fit by Ghana Police Service standards.
- Possess BECE Certificate.
- Be ready to undergo basic Police training and other forms of training.
- Graduate applicants must have completed National Service.
GRADUATES (GENERAL DUTY)
- Degree Holders:
- In addition to the general requirements an applicant i. must not be more than 35 years by 01/12/2021.
- must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (at least Sec ond Class Lower Division) from any recognized university.
- In addition to the general requirements an applicant i. must not be more than 35 years by 01/12/2021
- must hold HND in any field of study from a recognized University, Polytechnic or any Tertiary Institution accredit ed by the Ghana Accreditation Board.
- Diploma holders:
In addition to the general requirements an applicant
- must not be more than 35 years by 01/12/2021
- must hold a Diploma in any field of study from a recognized University, Polytechnic or any Tertiary Institution ac credited by the Ghana Accreditation Board.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES : HOW TO APPLY
An applicant must do the following:
- Read through the entry requirements thoroughly
- Have your official name, date of birth, height, active email address, and mobile phone number handy
- Have your passport size photograph of 200×180 pixels dimension of JPEG/JPG format with size not exceeding 2 . 0 MB ready to be uploaded.
- Mode of payment for application will be by the use of both Mobile Money transfer and purchase of voucher at GCB Bank
- The purchased Voucher contains a Serial Number and a Code (PIN which is uniquely assigned to the applicant. The Serial Number and PIN together with the phone number of the applicant are the only means of accessing the online Application Form. Keep the Voucher safe as it would be required to inform the activities of the application process, even after an applicant has been successful in the initial stages.
- Having purchased a Voucher, the applicant should log on to the online recruitment portal at https://upgrade-polghservices with these recommended browsers
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome or
- Internet Explorer.
A page will open, which will require the applicant to confirm a voucher number or sign in.
- Click on confirming the voucher, a new page will open, which will require you to answer a few questions leading to the creation of the account.
This is how to create an account;
- enter the email address on the purchased Voucher,
- pick or choose any password which will be known to you alone and which you can remember,
- confirm the password,
- verify the Voucher purchased by entering the Serial Number and PIN Number
- Continue the process by following the prompts and entering or uploading the required or necessary data including:
- Personal information;
- Preferred screening centrePreferred category.
- Educational background including SHS/JSS Information mandatory) etc x passport-sized photograph
Note that the data fields marked with an asterisk (“) are mandatory and one must provide data in these fields, click on the NEXT button to progress to the next step until
the entries are completed.
An applicant should ensure that all information submitted is accurate . Review your information on the summary page by reading through the summary page carefully. Click on the EDIT button if there are any changes to be made.
You may also SAVE your entries by clicking on the Next button. If you want to return to the page later to edit or continue with the entries, click on the LOGOUT button.
An Applicant who purchased multiple vouchers is advised to use the same email address and details used in purchasing the earlier voucher since these details would not change. Thereafter, follow this process & the new Voucher will provide a new Serial Number and PIN log onto the online recruitment portal as usual and access your existing account.
You would be sent directly to the CHOOSE CATEGORY page, from where you can select the newly preferred category and enter the required fields, continue the process as you did in the previous application.
- RETRIEVE PASSWORD: An Applicant who loses his her password can retrieve it by visiting the sign-in page and following the prompts.
- Also, all Applicants who have completed the Online Application Form can have access to their decision page throughout the exercise, by revisiting the page.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
The closing date for submission of all online applications is 2 weeks after it has been opened. That is 10th September, 2021.