The County Business Head is a senior management-level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of Corporate Banking business to raise funds in the capital markets and provide clients with strategic advisory services in coordination with the Institutional Banking team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the seamless delivery of investment strategies and advisory services to our public and private clients.
The Ghana franchise remains a key contributor to the Sub-Saharan Africa Corporate Bank / Emerging Markets BCMA Business. Ghana Corporate Banking Head is a senior professional responsible for leading the Corporate Banking franchise, building & managing CEO & CFO level relationships with clients, leading the origination & execution of client solutions across Citi’s product suite (M&A, Capital Markets, Transaction Banking, Markets etc.) for clients in coordination with the Institutional Banking team.
- To lead and manage Citi’s CB franchise in Ghana
- To manage Citi’s client relationships in Ghana; across Public Sector, Financial Institutions, and Corporates.
- Maintain a robust dialogue with all clients, Ministry of Finance, and Banking Regulator in Ghana
- Assist Cluster CEO in managing Ghana franchise
- Develop and monitor a client-driven franchise growth plan and communicate a vision that is responsive to global/regional issues and emerging market trends
- Responsible for overall relationship management of clients and providing a wide range of treasury and corporate finance solutions including cash management, trade, vendor finance, foreign exchange (FX), general credit, loans, debt capital markets, share repurchase, and interest rate and equity derivatives
- Drive client planning, product agnostic cross selling, client access, and effective capital allocation within the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) Coverage Banker proposition by working closely with partners to ensure the Corporate Bank fulfills its role of being at the center of the Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory’s (BCMA) relationship management strategy
- Translate Citi’s strategy into an effective and efficient Corporate Bank business plan while proactively overcoming obstacles and driving a healthy balance between near-term and long-term priorities
- Responsible for meeting revenue and other goals related to budget, risk management, and credit allocation
- Drive innovation, differentiation and speed to market and promote cross selling of products across the full ICG platform
- Partner with Investment banking team to drive and execute episodic transactions and with key stakeholders, including Risk and GCM, to allocate capital prudently, appropriately and in adherence to all Citi risk policies
- Ensure client relationships and proposed client solutions meet or exceed internal risk and return standards, including stringent ethical standards and anticipated future changes in the marketplace
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 8-10 years of experience
- MBA, or M.S. degree from a top economics, business, or financial engineering program
- In-depth experience advising clients on debt and capital management, ideally in Ghana
- Strong Risk skill-set and track record in product suite (M&A, Capital markets, Trade, Treasury solutions etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to balance between internal management and external client time
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance issues and regulatory requirements (global and local)
- Proven leadership skills and intellectual capability to create momentum and an agenda across multiple products with a diverse population and competing priorities
- Demonstrated intellectual grasp of the industry, ability to anticipate and lead the organization to future changes and translate vision into executable plans
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with pragmatic approach to ensure limited resources are directed appropriately
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 10th July. 2022