To provide technical and other user support services to all assigned business applications within the bank
Job Title: Applications Support Officer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· A recognized University Degree in Information Systems/Technology.
· Knowledge of UNIX/Microsoft Operating Systems preferable.
· Knowledge of Flexcube preferable.
· Knowledge of SWIFT payment system
· Knowledge and appreciation of the Banking /Financial industry would be an advantage
· Knowledge of ITIL service management will be an advantage
KEY RESULT AREAS
- User satisfaction – Over 95% of reported issues are resolved within agreed timelines
- Root cause analysis – Over 80% recurrent issues are identified and resolved permanently
- Take ownership of all logged issues – incidents/requests within business application support unit
- Provide technical support to IT projects and initiatives
- Manage and ensure business continuity from applications perspective, ensuring backups are taken according to the bank’s backup policy
- To effectively review all application logs to ensure services are not adversely impacted
- Maintain and update log of all issues arising from all assigned business applications
- Troubleshoot and arrive at root cause of all assigned issues
- Resolve all assigned issues
- Liaise with vendors to support all assigned applications
- Ensure change control procedures are enforced
- Provide technical/application support to users in the Bank.
- Provide on the job training to Branch Systems Administrators/users.
- Manage set-up and installation of new applications as and when required
- Test out fixes/patches sent by vendors before implementation
- Submit weekly issues and resolution reports
- Take on other tasks and projects as and when required
4 years working experience preferably in a Financial Institution.
· Good troubleshooting skills.
· Good analytical skills.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Must be team player.
· Ability to work outside business hours.
· Good communication skills.
Closing Date : 22 August, 2020