AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Expeditor .
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To ensure that the Expediting function is carried out to support and achieve the operational and strategic objectives of the Obuasi Redevelopment Project – Phase 3
- Ensure all orders are expedited pro-actively prior to due delivery dates
- Liaise with end-users and project team to monitor and expedite priority orders based on criticality
- Liaise with Scheduler to maintain and update the schedule with due delivery dates and highlight changes in delivery dates.
- Ensure deliveries are made in accordance with contractual requirements and Key Performance Indicator
- Hold meetings with poor performing suppliers and establish mitigating actions to ensure limiting of risk to the project schedule and resolve non-conformances
- Carry out expediting within the principles and support of the ethical practices of the Company
- Maintain record of written correspondence with suppliers
- Liaise with Ports and Harbour Unit (PHU) on daily shipment tracking reports
- Ensure shipment of export/import documentation is correct to avoid clearance delays and generate shipping tracking documents
- Update critical expediting register with shipment information and tracking
- Hold weekly meetings with Suppliers and freight forwarders to track deliveries, load planning and shipment schedules.
- Follow up on deliveries until they have reached Mine Site and ensure receipt of goods in the system.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Commercial qualification
5 years working experience in a commercial role
- SAP knowledge and experience is essential
- Sound knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 6th Jan. 2022