Support Marine Engineering Requirements required for Daily O & M Operations and Engineering/MoC requirements.
Support to offshore teams daily as required. This may include extended periods offshore providing supervision & guidance of inspection campaigns and repair campaigns.
Pro-actively search, prepare and deliver/follow-up upon cost saving initiatives.
The incumbent is expected to contribute to a positive working environment with a continued commitment to safety & assist the Onshore & Offshore teams meet the ongoing integrity and maintenance requirements of the in country FPSO’s to ensure full compliance with contractual and statutory requirements, maintain vessels in class.
The incumbent is expected to be technically capable of making sound, verifiable judgements within their field of expertise that enhances the overall quality of service delivered to the client.
Job Title: Marine Engineer
- Support to offshore teams daily as required. This may include extended periods offshore providing supervision & guidance of inspection campaigns and repair campaigns.
- Support Marine Engineering Requirements required for Daily O & M Operations and Engineering/MoC requirements.
- Ensure a good working relationship with the Client’s OIM and Client’s Representatives.
- Offshore visits: Minimum one visit per 2 month’s to offshore facilities with audited walkthrough and other audit / verification documentation and follow-up provided.
- Manage all elements of FPSO Class and Flag State compliance and audit.
- Work closely with Marine and Maintenance Superintendents to plan and organize Class visits, tank works and Marine side improvements.
- Actively manages and is responsible for the ABS / DNV and Panama / Bahamas Survey planning processes.
- Responsible (and Focal Point) for input and follow-up for O&M input co-ordination to the Offshore team & Client 5 year, 1 year & 90 day plan with assistance from other MODEC departments. Continual monitoring and input to offshore to ensure activities are in full compliance with the (O&M) 28 Day Plan.
- Interface with Offshore Planners.
- Keeping abreast with industry developments with regards to operational inspection and maintenance of FPSO structures and realization of potential benefits to operations at the appropriate stage of technique maturity.
OPERATIONS / PROCEDURAL SAFETY:
- To motivate, consult and ensure participation of employees and contractors in the management of safety.
- Review Vendor Service reports and raise and coordinate any recommendations that require corrective actions.
MAINTENANCE / MANGEMENT OF CHANGE / TURNAROUNDS
- Management of Change, implementation of small MOC’s: working with offshore opposite numbers to develop recommendations, produce/documents/deliverables, gain approvals, produce work-packs (with coordinators) implement, close-out MOC’s that are less than 90 day duration from approval to execution close-out.
- For large MOC’s greater than 90 days of duration: Provide support, assistance and co-ordination (with offshore and Project Team) within your discipline to internal or external EPCI and other contractors.
- Assistance within area of expertise to provide guidance to tender specification development, sourcing, purchasing review and assistance with expediting where necessary.
- Monitor and Ensure operational and maintenance compliance within their discipline, recommend improvements and efficiencies for management approval.
- To review all associated inspection reports against the contract requirements and ensure that all maintenance recommendations deliver compliance with that contract.
- To participate in integrity review meetings to ensure anomaly management is executed as appropriate against the associated risk of the anomalies.
- To review inspection reports collectively at a high level to identify any patterns that may indicate future problems.
- Close out all CAPA’s that are assigned by their respective due dates.
- Implementation of advance analysis as required, either by incumbent and/or specialist subcontractors, to address complex anomalies.
- Provide assistance to Lead Investigators for incidents associated within their area of expertise, participate or perform RCA’s inside of those investigations.
- Communication of investigation results to the management team at the appropriate level.
AUDITS & VERIFICATION
- Perform walkthroughs and ensure on & offshore compliance by means of inspection, verification and audit of their allocated areas of responsibility.
- Audits of third-party inspection contractors and rectification of identified deficiencies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Engineering
- 10 years’ experience industry experience preferably within the FPSO operations environment.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills, culturally aware with experience of working with a multicultural workforce.
- Track record of analysis capability and experience covering typical ships structures in the fields of strength, fatigue and rule assessments.
- Working knowledge of the ship classification process and the associated statutory survey requirements.
- Marine Engineering or Marine Architect experience with Tanker/FPSO inspection and repair knowledge.
- Experience of in-service repair activities.
- Proven capability and experience in leadership and management of third-party contactors and junior team members.
- CMMS advanced level of understanding and usage of CMMS and maintenance metrics.