Akkadian Labs focuses exclusively on creating collaboration inspired software that maximizes business results by improving the way people communicate and work together. Our solutions include turnkey applications and custom software solutions. Technology is complex. We make it simple.
The Software Engineer II is a vital role within the team, leveraging your expertise to create easy to use software solutions leveraging the latest program and languages and algorithms.
In this role you will be responsible for writing server-side application logic, developing back-end and front-end components, connecting applications with other (often third-party) web services, and supporting the front-end developers by integrating their work with the application. You will also develop and integrate plugins for certain popular frameworks.
We are looking for a PHP Developer who has a passion for coding and loves pushing out the best quality code. If this sounds interesting to you, and you are customer-centric, innovative results driven, organized, autonomous, adaptable team player, and takes pride in coding as an art, we want to talk to you!
Job Title: Software Engineer – Global
This position is based in Accra, Ghana.
With a focus on maintainability, scalability and quality, you will;
- Use PHP to develop fast and stable production ready backend code
- Work with your fellow engineers to determine the best architecture and mix of technology to help us deliver the best product possible
- Follow the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process models, including Agile/Scrum methodologies, as well as, full life cycle project management experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience building web application using PHP, Symfony, or Laravel
- Good understanding of ORM tools, such as Doctrine
- AWS experience
- Machine Learning/AI experience
- Experience integrating with 3rd party web API’s
- Experience building REST API’s
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Proficient in version control systems such as Git, SVN, or Mercurial
- Database experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL or MS SQL Server
- Solid understanding of LAMP and HTTP architectures
- Telecom or VoIP experience