No views yet
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) supports the transformation to more efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems, for Better production, Better nutrition, Better environment and Better life, leaving no one behind.
The Regional Office for Africa (FAORAF) oversees 47 sub-Saharan countries guided by Regional Initiatives that serve as a mechanism to ensure effective delivery and to demonstrate impact of FAO’s work on the key priorities of the region. In its programme delivery, RAF contributes to the achievements of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda, guided by SDG 1 (No poverty), SDG 2 (No hunger), and SDG 10 (Reducing inequalities) as well as to supporting achievement of the broader SDG agenda, which is crucial for attaining FAO’s overall vision.
RAF is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with regionwide institutions including the African Union and Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs).
The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region. The post is located in the RAF Programme Unit under the technical leadership of the Regional Programme Leader.
The Young Professional Officer reports to the Senior Policy Officer.
Collection, analysis and review of information, data and statistics, and project/meeting services to support programme products, projects, publications, and services on social protection and economic inclusion
Research, technical analysis and project related services to support the delivery of assigned projects, products and services.
- Analyses relevant technical social, economic, environmental, and technology information, data and/or statistics for input in various documents;
- Maintains records and updates databases and web pages;
- Provides technical support to various projects;
- Collaborates in the development of training tools and materials and the organization of workshops/seminars etc.;
- Participates in the organization and follow-up of meetings, consultations and conferences, the production of required materials and the provision of information and assistance to partners.
- Assists in providing technical inputs to policy documents and coordinating multisectoral policy dialogues to support improved coherence between social protection, agriculture, and economic inclusion at central and decentralized levels, including expansion of social protection to rural populations;
- Contributes to the review of regional and national multisectoral policies and strategies to eradicate extreme poverty, including resilience and disaster management plans and COVID-19 response and recovery strategies, with particular attention to inclusion of rural and agricultural stakeholders;
- Contributes to supporting Country Offices to engage in policy processes with governments and other development partners on issues related to Social Protection;
- Reviews and adjusts programme/project proposals to integrate social protection into inclusive rural development, climate adaptation, and agri-food systems programming;
- Contributes to capacity building through the development of training material and implementation of capacity building activities (webinars, conferences, etc.) targeting officials in the area of Social Protection;
- Contributes to technical inputs on social protection for corporate reports and documents, departmental publications and communications products;
- Assists in the coordination of assessments, studies and other research related to the coverage and impacts of social protection;
- Performs other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in social policy, social anthropology, social sciences and related areas.
- One year of relevant experience in socio-economic analysis, policy revision or formulation, capacity building in relation to gender and social protection.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in collecting and analysing technical information and data
- Extent and relevance of knowledge and experience in socio-economic and/or gender analysis including social equity issues
- Extent and relevance of experience in the preparation, editing and revision of technical/scientific documents and in organizing meetings and workshops
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Working knowledge of French would be a strong asset
NB Please note that candidates should be 32 years of age or younger as of 31 December of the year of application.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 12 Nov. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.
Job Fraud Alert.