With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Job Title: Project Facilitator
Purpose of the position:
To facilitate the delivery of all Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR) Project activities by way of community entry, mobilization, participation in project planning, implementation, monitoring, review as well as evaluation and collaboration with all relevant partners and stakeholders; working closely and with leadership support from the FMNR4SEED Project manager.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
Support the Project Manager in effective project planning (FMNR), implementation, monitoring and evaluation process that ensures enhanced community participation ownership of project activities and sustainability project for the wellbeing of children, families and communities.15
Identify and select communities for the expansion of FMNR intervention in the Project Area.10
Facilitate communities to select gender sensitive Lead Farmers groups for project implementation. 10
Facilitate communities to select gender sensitive fire volunteer groups for project implementation
Undertake regular field monitoring visits and provide support to FMNR project beneficiaries (farmers) and as well as other project stakeholders as per the project activities planned. 15
Plan and implement trainings for farmers and /or other FMNR project beneficiaries and stakeholders in the project area as per the planned project activities.15
Work closely with Ministry of Food & Agriculture and other Agencies in the implementation of project activities to ensure sustainability of interventions.10
Plan and coordinate logistics together with the Project manager for project activities implementation in the Project area. 5
- Compile stories of change for use by World Vision and partner organizations
Prepare and submit Monthly, Semi and Annual reports to the Project Manager in a timely manner in line with project strategy.
PROFILE: Core Capabilities: (proficiency levels; 1= developing 2 = proficient 3= advanced)
Examples of advanced proficiencies
(A full list of indicators available in Core Capabilities into Job Descriptions – A Manager’s Guide)
Achieving quality results and service
Practicing accountability and integrity
Communicating information effectively
Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
Understanding the Humanitarian industry
Understanding WV’s mission & operations
Practicing innovation & change
Demonstrating Christ-centred life and work
Learning for growth and development
Maintaining work/life balance
Building collaborative relationships
Practicing gender & cultural diversity
Influencing individuals & groups
- Development facilitation skills
- Experience of FMNR Initiative is an advantage.
- Planning activities and budgets to deliver project objectives
- Knowledge of a Kasem or Gurune language would be useful
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required BA /BSC Degree in Economics, Agriculture, Business Administration, Development studies /planning, Social Science disciplines or related field.
- Experience: 1-3years’ experience in food security or agriculture, development work or community mobilization
Technical Skills & Abilities
- Strong Computer skills
- Strong knowledge of sustainable agricultural (and /or environmental) techniques
- Knowledge of modern Food security and climate change
- Experience in agricultural extension services
- Strong capacity building skills (especially with people with no formal education)
- Experience working with farmers
- Working knowledge of programs or the projects management cycle
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff and other key partners
- Experience in community mobilization, sensitization and development work
- Strong knowledge of local institutional functioning (e.g. MOFA)
- Strong reporting and communication skills in English
- Good planning and organizational skills
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 5%