No views yet
JOB DESCRIPTION Serves as the technical coordinator for all TCDA activities and programmes in the specified value chain
Duties and responsibilities
- Facilitate the registration of all value chain actors and formalize their operations in accordance with ACT 1010
- Provide technical support for the formation of CBOs, FBOs and associations or producer groups in different enterprises along the value chain
- Coordinate the establishment of the national umbrella bodies for all the six(6) mandated commodities under the TCDA
- Conduct value chain assessments and determine appropriate interventions to enhance agricultural productivity and market access
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant projects and partners including private businesses and individuals, Development Partners, CBOs and NGOs working on related actions to leverage project resources, avoid duplication of efforts and ensure complementarities.
- Provide up to date information on all activities along the specified commodity value chain
- Facilitate the transparent processes of representation of the specified value chain into the TCDA Board
- Provide technical guidance and capacity building trainings for the specific Value Chain actors
- Prepare detail annual work plans and progress reports on assigned value chain component.
- Coordinate the development of commodity grades and standards and implementation of the commodity protocols thereof
- Coordinate the production and distribution of certified planting materials
- Lead the development of concept note and project proposals most especially on crop diversification, farmer livelihood supports, value chain development and marketing initiatives.
- Conduct value chain assessment to identify gaps and develop recommendations on how to improve the selected value chains and maximize the impact.
- Manage assigned staff and perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Master’s degree in agriculture, agriculture administration, agribusiness development or related field from an accredited academic institution
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience in the management of activities in the specific value chain
- Excellent communication skills, especially written communication and group facilitation skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, and internet communication.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in at least two (2) local languages
- Membership in a related professional body is an advantage
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 3rd Sept. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.
Job Fraud Alert.