Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Regional Manager for the upcoming Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II – Systems Strengthening Activity. This Activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana. The RING II – Systems Strengthening Activity will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP), the Regional Manager will provide leadership and management oversight of technical activities that support MMDA’s and sub district structures to strengthen agricultural productivity; link farmers to profitable market systems; improve nutrition, sanitation and hygiene practices; and expand community support and social services for vulnerable households. This position will require frequent travel regions and districts where the program is being implemented. The activity will work in the following regions: Northern, North East, Upper East, and Upper West.
The position will be based in Tamale, Ghana.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Supervise and provide technical and managerial support to Regional Coordinators in the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities.
- Represent the project at strategic meetings with project counterparts and stakeholders, when delegated by the DCOP or COP, as appropriate.
- Relay technical, managerial and strategic direction and guidance to each of the provinces.
- Coordinate travel plans of Tamale-based technical advisors or directors from in support of the provinces offices to ensure effective and smooth program implementation at the province level.
- Support the technical implementation of grants or sub-contracts and facilitate reporting and communication with the Tamale office.
- Provide performance management support to the Regional Coordinators, conduct continuous performance management and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Conduct field visits to the provinces to understand and assess implementation challenges (operations, finance, M&E, technical), discuss and implement corrective actions, liaising with Tamale-based Departments and colleagues as part of the regular oversight function.
- Ensure that for all project planning processes (strategic, annual, quarterly) regional teams are informed about reporting guidelines provide their contributions in line with guidance on format, content, quality and attention to detail and completeness.
- Provide budgetary support to the provinces in line with guidance issued by the COP and other senior management team members.
- Contribute to reporting (technical or managerial) that addresses the regional dimension of USAID interventions and intervention contexts.
- Provide technical support to activities in the provinces when Regional Coordinators request such participation.
- Master’s Degree in a related field with 8+ years of experience implementing donor-funded projects , and USAID-f unded projects in particular.
- 5 years of experience managing interventions and activities being implemented by international NGOs, consulting firms, or other.
- Ten or more years of high-level program management and oversight, including performance and people management.
- Program experience in a wide range of program areas, and high-level expertise in at least 3 of the following: nutrition, governance, WaSH, and agriculture.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Higher than average computer literacy and skills, at a minimum experience with MS-Office suite.
Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 15th July. 2022