Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 312,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Consulting, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
The USAID West Africa Energy Program (WAEP) works to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objective in the West Africa region. WAEP will implement targeted interventions to achieve the following three outcomes:
- Increase the supply of power in Ghana/West Africa
- Enable expanded end-user connection to the grid
- Improve the technical and institutional capacity and performance of select national utilities, and other relevant national power sector entities
The Productive Use Energy Expert will conceptualize strategy, approach and specific technical assistance to provide under each of these activities:
- Design proposed TA together with engagement guidelines to create awareness of the benefits of PUE
- Identify specific areas for PUE in the various communities and develop financial models that will facilitate the implementation of the PUE activities
General Functions of the Position
The Employee shall perform the following general functions:
- Effectively inspire, support, and ensure the day-to-day personal performance of all staff under the Employee’s supervision in compliance with the Project Work Plan and the Project administrative and policy manual;
- Support the development and implementation of the Project’s technical efforts on CLIN 2 (Ghana) Programs.
- Effectively liaise with the CLIN 2 technical teams, cross-cutting team and divisions of USAID on all aspects of the Project Work Plan implementation;
- Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture;
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest;
- Abide by all local laws, USAID regulations, and US Embassy/USAID project directives, whether written or verbal; and
- Perform any and all tasks as may be assigned by the Chief of Party or his/her designee as may be required to contribute to the achievement of Project goals and objectives.
Specific Tasks Applicable to the Position
As directed by the Chief of Party or his/her designee, the employee shall perform, oversee, and support the performance of the following specific tasks in collaboration with relevant stakeholders:
- Develop an effective strategy to promote PUE in Ghana
- Validate and replicate at least three financially-viable business models for productive use of grid electricity in agribusiness activities in the Feed the Future Zone of Influence.
- Identify opportunities to couple electrification programs with economic growth in Ghana.
- Develop an effective strategy to create larger electricity consumers to anchor the utility economics of Northern Electricity Development Company (NEDCo).
- Conduct training and capacity building for NEDCo, Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Food and Agriculture and also skills development in the FtF zones for the promotion of PUE.
- Develop a community outreach manual for the promotion of PUE
- Possess a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in economics, finance or any related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the agriculture sector in Ghana or Sub – Saharan African offering technical assistance or advisory services to improve the value chain in the sector.
- Prior experience in supporting and developing agribusinesses in Ghana or Sub – Saharan
- Understanding of Financing in Agribusiness in Ghana or Sub – Saharan
- Previous experience with USAID and Power Africa preferred, and/or with donor agency programs
- Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities and surveys.
- Strong analytical skills required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 17 Dec, 2020
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.