The Regional Office for RAF (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities.
RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
This position is central to the smooth and effective operations of the Office of the Assistant Director-General / Regional Representative of the FAO for sub-Saharan Africa.
The Office Associate leads and coordinates the office and manages the support functions of the Office. He/she ensures the smooth flow of office work and information by setting priorities and organizing the day-to-day work. The job role requires in-depth knowledge and interpretation of office policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in the division/ department or location.
The Office Associate reports to Assistant Director-General / Regional Representative (RAF). Work is performed autonomously, showing a high degree of initiative and independent judgment. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery. The incumbent effectively organizes and supervises other office support staff and provides relevant guidance and training.
The incumbent maintains a wide range of contacts with managers, staff and counterparts both within and outside the Organization. Work relations may be on a high organizational level, requiring very good communication skills and experienced handling of issues.
- Analyze, manage and monitor a large and diversified volume of complex correspondence and documentation, often of confidential and sensitive nature; ensure appropriate routing, reply, prioritization, accuracy, consistency, informal translation and timeliness; bring complex, sensitive or priority issues to the supervisor’s attention;
- Provide information and guidance to staff at all levels within the organizational unit; ensure understanding of intent and deadlines;
- Arrange appointments and duty travels, maintain supervisor’s calendar and receive visitors;
- Organize high-level meetings, finalize agendas and invitations, ensure the production and distribution of documentation, take notes and prepare minutes, and follow up on required actions;
- Organize and coordinate the work performed by other office support staff; coordinate activities across the division, including divisional issues, deadlines and other requests;
- Establish internal procedures and tracking systems for correspondence and documents; verify that work is done in accordance with corporate standards; monitor work progress;
- Respond to written inquiries and draft responses to non-routine questions; coordinate responses to sensitive enquiries on behalf of the supervisor;
- Follow up on the preparation of reports, correspondence, briefing notes and other documents; review documents and make changes to their format or style in accordance with standard practices; conduct research and prepare briefing materials for the supervisor; provide informal translations into another official language;
- Evaluate ongoing support requirements of the office, adapt service provision to meet changing needs and solve operational problems as required;
- Ensure the initiation of a variety of transactions in the organization’s computerized administrative systems;
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the smooth and efficient operations of the Office. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the office support services for the successful achievement of the Division’s mandate
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: Five years of relevant experience in management and office support work
Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English
IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Thorough knowledge of communication and documentation standards
- Thorough knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / human resources systems
- Thorough knowledge of the organizational structure, administrative procedures and policies and matters of protocol
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Experience in providing secretarial services to senior leaders in an international and multicultural environment
- Working knowledge of French is considered a strong asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven organizational skills for self and office’s coordination
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 5 Nov, 2020
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.