Making Cents International is recruiting for a Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity. The project will increase inclusive agriculture-led economic growth in 17 districts of the Northern, Upper East, and Upper West regions of northern Ghana through competitive, stronger, and more resilient markets.
This position is contingent upon winning a contract award.
Ghanaian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Oversee activities that foster inclusion and create incentives for women and other marginalized groups to enter agricultural markets and increase agricultural income; have access to greater profits from agricultural labor
- Oversee activities to improve agricultural and business skills among women and other vulnerable populations, such as people with disabilities
- Design training, mentoring, linkages to support services, grant packages, and other tools to increase agricultural income among women and other vulnerable populations
- Support Access to Finance Specialist to develop appropriate financial tools and opportunities for women, youth, and other vulnerable populations
- Support other teams to determine appropriate activities to support inclusion of marginalized groups in agricultural markets
- Serve as a gender champion within the project team
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with project staff based in Ghana and Making Cents’ technical staff based in the United States;
- Contribute to project activity planning, reporting, data analysis, and budgets as requested; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in gender, agriculture, business, or a related social sciences field
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience supporting women’s livelihoods programs; strong working knowledge and experience related to engagement of women and vulnerable populations in the agribusiness sector preferred
- Experience developing and delivering gender and inclusion-oriented training, particularly in rural contexts
- Experience working on inclusion of women and or other marginalized groups
- Familiarity with current Feed the Future activities within Ghana preferred
- Experience in Northern Ghana preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Fluency in English
Making Cents International is a results-driven women-owned small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 28 Jan, 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.