Subsea 7 is a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the evolving energy industry, with over 80 nationalities across more than 30 countries. Everywhere we operate, our people are inspired to develop new ways of working and adapt to the changing energy industry.
We provide project management, engineering and construction expertise across the full field lifecycle. These services are delivered within three operational business units: Subsea and Conventional, Life of Field, and Renewables and Heavy Lifting.
Within Africa, Middle East & Caspian region (AMEC), we safely execute Subsea and Conventional projects which connect seabed wellhead infrastructures to surface facilities such as platforms and floating production systems. We are actively present in a significant number of countries in Africa, Europe, Caspian Sea, Middle East and Asia.
Job Title: Operations Engineer
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Project Operations Engineer (POE), based in Takoradi, Ghana, assists the Project Operations Manager (POM), in planning the activities related the operations input to Projects.
The position involves the effective administration, planning and execution of operations, through the coordination of a multi-disciplinary effort.
The POE is accountable to the Project Operations Manager (POM) for the safe and efficient execution of all agreed activities and SOW during projects, in accordance with planning constraints, associated cost envelope and quality requirements.
The POE is also accountable to support the project interfacing with the POM, the project manager, Logistics, Planners and cost controllers, Engineering, Fabrication, Pipeline Group and SCM in order to produce the required deliverables for the leanest and most efficient operations.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Identify the key Operations deliverables and establish the platform to support an effective project operation through development of the schedule, cost comparisons, vessel and personnel operational requirements.• Coordinate and consolidate all inputs from multiple disciplines (Engineering, SCM, Fabrication, Operations, etc…) to support the development of the operational planning.• Define requirements and produce SOW for SCM for 3rd party vessels and assets chartering/hiring.• Support the cost controllers in producing costing reports for the project and its options.• Liaise with Engineering and VOMs to define the vessels POBs and provide input to the cost controllers.
Throughout the project ensure:
• Adherence to operations procedures and processes and maintain traceability throughout the project and post project clarification and negotiation phases;
• Adherence to operations department ways of working to organise the activities and store the project experience for future use/handover to project team.
• Support the project operations manager with the preparation of presentations for project reviews with the Africa management team and Executives.
• Organise and host meetings with the disciplines to facilitate the offshore schedule review.
• Identify and constantly update the key Operations related risks throughout the project.
• Prepare, review and comment Technical Documents (procedures, drawings, rigging and sea fastenings design, schedules, etc…) to support operations.
• Participate to the definition of the required offshore spread for the project/tender including construction vessels, support and transportation vessels.
• Liaise with SCM to select 3rd party vessels and operations related services and assets by preparing SOWs and reviewing technical offers.
• Participate to installation feasibility reviews and HIRAs and provide operational input to the Engineering and Planning functions.
Support the POM in all the vessels readiness activities:
• drive and monitor the progress of Marine Assurance on assigned vessels including organizing audits as required.
• Review vessels POBs (including project personnel and 3rd parties) and organise the manning of chartered vessels with the support of Crewing.
• Support the POM in developing the baseline Project schedule.
• Ensure 3rd party services costs and planning are tracked and monitor their cost base.
• Assist Project/Field Engineers on vessel readiness and during mobilization & demobilization activities.
• Supervise material tracking activity through the project’s material tracker, and ensure equipment inspection, readiness, delivery, tracking & demobilisation.
• Assist in the co-ordination of the logistic support activities, (Freight forwarding, Shipping, OPL), through the in-country logistic organisation.
• Provide input to the Project Operations Debrief Report and to the lessons learnt.
This role suits a dynamic and motivated individual looking for new and diverse challenges to progress their career within Subsea7. The Operations Engineer role is ideal for those interested in working across functions and supporting projects on the field. It gives exposure to technical and practical aspects of the work during execution and strong involvement to the commercial side by budget definition and management in projects and decision making and strategic thinking during tenders supporting the business development.
The ideal candidate thrives interacting with various disciplines, departments and regions across Subsea 7 organization and with clients, subcontractors and external organizations (local authorities, certifications bodies, etc…) and is keen to gain broad commercial and contractual experience to be able to transition towards package and project management. Internal candidates will be considered based on current contractual basis.
The successful candidates shall have/be:
• Some experience in sub-sea construction recommended.
• Able to demonstrate commitment to HSE and keen to promote safe practices.
• Skilled in the co-ordination of multiple interfaces across functions.
• A strong work ethic, willing to working in highly changeable environments, meeting tight deadlines whilst delivering high quality outcomes.
• Ideally possess experience in offshore operations, having worked on board installation vessels.
• Committed to collaborative working in a multi-location team environment.
• Mobility to travel to all international locations for short business trips or missions.
• Good understanding of Subsea7’s products, activities and assets.
• Fluent in English. Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
• Skilled in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with Microsoft Project recommended but not essential.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
• Clients during pre-tender, tender engagement sessions and post submission clarification/negotiation phase
• Alliance, Consortium and JV partners, as required
• Vessel owners and certification bodies
• 3rd party subcontractors and local authorities
• P&O and Tendering/Business Acquisition Management
• Project/Tender Managers
• Vessels Operations Managers
• Cost controllers
• Logistics support
• Offshore Resources
• Project HSE manager
• Project contract manager
• Supply Chain Management
MANAGEMENT OF APPLICATIONS
All applicants that meet the job criteria will be contacted in the next two weeks by the recruitment team. Remaining applications will be integrated in our database and considered in future job opportunities.