Purpose of Role
To provide strategic support and leadership in overseeing and managing HR capabilities of World Vision (WV) Ghana by providing quality and efficient service and P&C tools to develop, promote a culture of learning and servant leadership. To develop and retain a committed high-performance team as per WVI and WV Ghana policies for the achievement of the organisation’s strategic goals.
Leadership & Organizational Development:
- Participate in the overall leadership and Management of the National Office.
- Ensure that local office practice and uphold the partnership HR standards as per Partnership policies.
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of audits and peer review recommendations.
- Provide line support to the National Office Payroll Officers and functional support to the P&C (HR) Business Partners including areas of capacity building and performance management.
- Partner with business leaders to develop and implement people strategies.
- Maintain an up to date Organizational Structure for the National Office (NO), country and Area Programmes.
- Engage relevant stakeholders to articulate the need for general and specific change in the organization.
- Builds commitment by focusing attention on the position implications of change.
- Set up and manage a career management system (talent management)
- Monitor departmental succession plan and give necessary guidance.
- Develop a Departmental Strategic Plan in line with the Regional Strategy and LEADER framework.
- Set up a change management team and manage the change process in the organization.
Policy and Strategy:
- Initiation and recommendation of all policies reviews.
- Ensure all local policies align with global policies and relevant local legislation.
- Evaluates the policy environment and updates them as and when necessary.
- Review, update and maintain WV broad HR policies and procedures in line with the laws of Ghana in consultation with Regional P&C and Legal Advisor.
- Researches on the new policies and keeps track of changes in the labor market.
- Advise Top Management on the HR strategic direction.
- Undertake period staff surveys to inform policy direction of the organization.
- Designing P&C solutions that are appropriate within the humanitarian industry.
Performance Management & Capacity Building:
- Guide & train Managers on their roles in the end-to-end performance management processes.
- Coach and mentor managers and supervisors in measuring performance.
- Lead the Performance Management processes to ensure staff performance appraisals are carried out in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Conduct staff training to support performance.
- Compile a Performance Report of the organization based on performance reviews done for all staff.
- Maintain and manage a Performance Management System for the entire National Office.
- Provide appropriate support to employees and managers in addressing unsatisfactory performance.
- Facilitate a job evaluation process using an appropriate internal/external method/system.
- Conduct structured periodic Job Analysis for all positions.
- Provide support and guidance in the formulation of job descriptions.
- Facilitate periodic Salary Reviews in the industry every three years.
- Design a competitive salary range as required.
- Ensure benefits plan is implemented and administered according to agreed procedures and policies.
- Coordinate and engage in the design of the No talent development and succession plans.
- Monitor and ensure uniform and structured remuneration systems across countries.
- Monitor and ensure equity in remuneration systems.
- Monitor and ensure that remuneration and benefits are market related.
- Ensure confidentiality.
- Coordinate and engage in the NO workforce planning and forecasts, establish appropriate staffing schedule, parameters, norms and ensure that appropriate positive action strategies are used in order to attract and achieve a more diverse workforce.
- Administer all International Staffing requirements for the National Office in collaboration with the ISS.
- Be final authorized approval level for the department.
- Facilitate adequate orientation and induction for all international staff, middle and senior managers.
- Design and manage a staff orientation programme.
- Negotiate and process employment contracts.
Employee Relations & Managing Diversity:
- Apply knowledge of local and general employment laws as they relate to the laws of the country.
- Manage all aspects of high risk cases including litigations.
- Provide guidance to management on labour issues and changes in statutory requirements.
- Spearhead the regulation of the relationships, processes, structures at work.
- Maintain communication with other Non-governmental organizations to ensure World Vision compensation and policies are appropriate and remain relevant to local conditions.
- Apply appropriate escalation and reporting rules in high risk cases.
- Support Management at all levels in ensuring healthy work/home balance, staff well-being, security and appropriate arrangement for stress management.
- Ensure all staff are aware of relevant policies and procedures and implications of not adhering to them.
- Promote a work environment that demonstrates fairness, openness and equity.
HR Systems and Technology:
- Coordinate and engage in the setup of appropriate P&C information system to ensure high quality and responsive management and administration of all P&C support services.
- Ensure adequate usage on the Our People and reporting on same.
- Ensure that the system data is up to date and staff is capacitated on usage of same.
- Working with our Legal Counsel as the liaison to ensure that WVG’s legal risks is reduced to the barest minimum.
- Work with board on legal and all people management tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expert knowledge of local labor legislature.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player who is detail-oriented.
- Ability to function in a cross cultural environment.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities and observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement.
- Full adherence to World Vision Ghana Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full Adherence to security protocols.
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Educational level required: Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology, Leadership Development or any other related field. Master degree is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years in Human Resources Management with at least 3 years in a Senior Management Role.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 26 Feb. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.