Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Under the technical supervision of the National Admin & Finance Officer, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Handle travel-related arrangements for IFDC Ghana (visas)
- Coordination of procurements by sourcing for price quotations, assisting in bid openings/evaluations, and preparation of required documentation for procurement processes
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date asset/ inventory register and maintain a record of asset/inventory movements
- Performs physical count of inventory, monitors inventory levels reconcile physical inventories with the actual stock count, and ensure all assets are tagged.
- Follow up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve any problems on outstanding and overdue delivery of orders, and review supplier invoices and expense claims against procurement-related services before forwarding them for payment processing
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system for all administrative, procurement, inventory of assets and supplies
- Liaison between IFDC and Foreign Affairs Ministry
- Arrange for residence permits for non-Ghanaian staff and their dependents
- Liaise with Ghana Immigration Service for the application and issuing of Work and Residence Permit for all foreigners in Ghana and the NWAFD offices
- Manage administrative tasks such as printing, copying, scanning support, etc.
- Prepare and process various administrative forms such as business cards, expense reimbursement, travel requests.
- Ensure that timesheets are submitted by staff on time.
- Assist in hotel reservation and conferencing
- Ensure the pick-up and drop-off of staff and visitors at assigned designated places.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary and requested by the supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3-6 years of administrative support experience
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality administrative support to both management and staff.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to learn and improve quickly.
- Solutions-oriented team player.
- A strong command of writing/editing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in multicultural, multilingual environments.
- A working knowledge in French will be an advantage.