MEDA is an association of compassionate men and women who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org .
MEDA is seeking qualified candidates for an experienced Finance Manager to support an anticipated project that will increase economic and social empowerment of smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in Northern Ghana. The successful candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana. Recruitment is contingent upon approval of the project by the donor.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Start Date: May 2021
- Location: Tamale, Ghana
The ?Finance Manager will support the Project Manager by managing use of project finances in compliance with MEDA policy, donor requirements and local country law. The Finance Manager will maintain accurate financial records and prepare timely, accurate financial reports providing vital information to project management decisions. These reports will be provided to MEDA head office for project monitoring and to be incorporated into financial reports to the MEDA board of directors and to the project donor. The Finance Manager will oversee financial management of each sub-grant, ensuring that regular review of partner records, include adequate documentation to support reasonable and allowable expenses claimed to the project.
The Finance Manager will provide managerial oversight over the Finance and Grant Officers. As part of the in-country senior management team, the Finance Manager will collaborate closely with other functional managers of the project and contribute to its overall success.
- Manage the use of project finances in compliance with MEDA policy, donor requirements and Ghanaian law.
- Ensure that all project expenditures are eligible and consistent with relevant contracts and policy requirements.
- Work closely with MEDA head office to ensure that financial recordkeeping is accurate and auditable.
- Submit accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial forecasts and reports.
- Ensure that general accounting functions are completed on a timely basis, including payroll, accounts payables paid within terms and accounts receivable are actively managed.
- Maintain multi-currency accounting systems, general ledgers, sub-ledgers, and job costing systems as required.
- Complete month-end closing and journal entry preparation and bank reconciliations;
- Maintain detailed and accurate records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Facilitate regular internal and external audits of the project and of partners;
- Ensure MEDA’s program adheres to the local country laws, including financial reporting, tax, labour, and proper registration with all relevant authorities as required.
- Oversee the management of grants to local partners. This includes assessing financial management capacity of each local partner and providing recommendations for training to ensure that each partner has systems in place that will allow them to efficiently manage the project funds granted to them.
- Review all proposed budgets submitted by partners to ensure reasonability and allowability of the proposed use of funds.
- Directly supervise the work of the Accountant, Grants Officer and other positions that may be required for the Finance Department.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: Master of Arts or Science in Finance, Accounting or Administration
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in finance management of a complex internationally funded project. Candidate must hold a professional membership (CPA, ACCA, etc.)
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s Mission, vision, and values.
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty.
- Experience with financial management in compliance with requirements of major donors.
- Experience with multiple sub-grant relationships is an asset.
- Advanced degree in relevant field or extensive experience in financial management.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required.
- Proficiency in local languages spoken in northern Ghana is an asset.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 30 April. 2021
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.