Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- The post holder will not have any direct report, but s/he will have occasional intern to manage.
- The post holder will not manage a specific budget assigned to him/her, but will indirectly manage the budget in relation to the tasks assigned to her/him.
- The post holder will project the professional image of Plan to the external partners.
- The post holder will likely be called upon for different committees at CO level.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- To organize the Country Office Management Team meetings (Preparation of the schedule, agenda, minutes, and the follow up of action points from meetings)
- To manage a proper filing system for incoming and outgoing mails and other documents for the Country Director’s Office.
- To manage the work appointments of the core management members – especially CD which reflect the priority of the organization.
- To manage the overall monthly schedule of Plan International Ghana that will inform the maximization of the logistics.
- To support the management of international visits and national-level events held at CO level.
- To serve as the first physical contact for visitors to the CD’s Office.
- To support the management team with the management of protocol in a professional manner and ensure open communication with different key stakeholders.
- To support the mechanism of administration (procurement, inventory and contract management) in relation to the executive secretariat service.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
The post holder will not manage specific budget and will not approve any budget. S/he will, however, make decisions on his/her own on the following issues;
- Managing travel and other schedule of the CMT members and deal with the competing priorities.
- Handling of confidential information
- Answering telephone calls and handling difficult calls.
- Attending the requests from visitors
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- High contact with visitors at CO level and partners
- Medium contact with external staff (IH, WACA) working with plan International Ghana staff
- Medium contact with partners to help the management preparing correspondence, report and presentation
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
- First Degree in Management Studies, Administration or any related field and at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Computers skills (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Fair level of spoken and written English skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
: 23 Dec, 2020
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé.