AngloGold Ashanti (AGA) has implemented a new operating model to drive strategic alignment across the business with a common organisational design for the company to deliver its purpose. This ensures we have the right people in the right place to make effective and efficient decisions that are consistent with AGA’s vision and purpose.
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (Ghana/Tanzania Business Unit) is seeking experienced and self-motivated persons to join our Group Legal team as:
Compliance Officer: Ghana
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The role holder will be accountable for Compliance within Ghana and will be reporting to the Vice President: Group Compliance.
- Manage online training with IT and HR through Learning Management System (“LMS”) for all Compliance related training, ensure training is allocated to joiners, current employees and relevant contractors as required.
- Manage technical queries related to online training with IT.
- Ensure that the assigned training modules/programmes for the country/sites are completed within the required time frame. Assist and guide employees where necessary and escalate to Group Compliance as needed.
- Report on completion of all courses at site/country level.
- Follow up with learning defaulters through to completion and/or escalate issues where relevant.
- Conduct employee/contractor induction and other “face to face” training on Compliance and Ethics and other regulatory compliance training as required.
- Assist with update and renewal of training material to ensure relevance.
- Manage site/country declarations in relation to conflicts of interest, gifts, hospitality and sponsorships.
- Monitor and assess “integrity” of management actions when approving or disallowing. Issue reports based on sites and nature and management actions (approval, rejection etc.).
- Manage online registers for political activities and communication on them as necessary.
- Maintain calendar for local/national elections.
- Manage and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the country, including communicating key compliance messaging to the country/site, including to promoted heightened awareness of the Code of Business Principles and Ethics, policies and procedures, and bribery/corruption, ethics, conflicts of interest, gifts, etc.)
- Work with management to ensure that senior managers are also reinforcing these communications.
Compile reports internally including local Audit and Risk, AGA Social, Ethics and Sustainability, Serious Concerns committee and
externally (including 20-F, IAR, Sustainability Report etc.) as applicable, in the compilation and aggregation of Compliance Data in relation
to Conflicts of Interest Declarations, Gifts, Responsible Sourcing, legal registers, training, confidential reporting, investigations etc.
- Combined Assurance Audits
Participate and provide input into Combined Assurance Audits
- Policies and procedures
Assist in the review/ development and implementation of country/site policies and procedures.
- Group-wide Compliance alignment
Align and implement the necessary systems and processes at country and sites to meet Group-wide compliance, ethics, anti-corruption
and anti-bribery program objectives. Collaborate with other departments, including internal audit, security, procurement, legal, human
- Conduct certification of country legal registers (including in relation to Tailing Storage Facilities) to ensure that AGA complies with applicable laws.
- Assist with ensuring in-country compliance to the broad spectrum of regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Agents and Intermediaries
Maintain registry of Agents and intermediaries in line with Procedure on Engagements of Agents and Government Intermediaries and
ensure compliance with the requirements of the procedure.
- Third Party due diligence
Co-ordinate, manage and monitor third party due diligence, including (i) suppliers/vendors (ii) agents/ intermediaries, and (iii) potential
Directors; (iv) JV partners (v) project partners (vi) CSI projects (vii) other ad hoc requests.
- Assess Supplier Assessment Questionnaires and perform compliance-related due diligence on vendors.
- Understand and classify vendors according to their risk profile, manage and mitigate the risk posed by the vendor by implementing sufficient controls.
Books and Records: Government Officials
- Ensure that all payments to government officials are completely and accurately reported in AGA books and records.
- Assist in compiling, auditing, and reviewing the relevant registers and documentation supporting these payments.
Reporting and Investigation of compliance incidents or violations
- Identify and report compliance violations (and potential violations, including potential violations of the Code of Business Principles and Ethics).
- Conduct and assist with Compliance related investigations where required.
- Advice on Compliance and Ethics matters
Provide guidance and advice to staff on all compliance and ethics related matters.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma / Degree in relevant field.
- 5 years’ relevant experience, with at least 1 year in a listed global, matrix organization
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), presentation, organisation and administration skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Deadline driven.
- Detail Conscious.
- Interpersonal skills
- Team Player
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 18th May. 2022