To provide day-to-day financial and administrative support to the Finance team while ensuring adherence to regulatory controls and statutory requirements.
Job Title: Controlling Officer
Responsible for the monthly journal entries in SAP
Assist in performing monthly bank reconciliation on all accounts
Ensure adherence to all governance controls including SOX.
Prepare and check expenses of all staff
Ensure and maintain accurate Petty cash overview
Checks invoices and ensure they contain the necessary information needed to facilitate timely payment
Prepare and follow up on the timely payment of all statutory returns and account payable transactions
Ensure all expenses and request for disbursements are approved by the appropriate signatories
Ensure all account payable are captured in the accounting software(SAP)
Assist in balance sheet reconciliations
Maintain and file all documents chronologically
Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Maintain contact with departmental heads and other employees on all finance related issues
Maintain relationships with auditors, FZB,GRA and other relevant agencies.
- Educational Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Previous Experience
- At least a proven track record of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Technical Skills
- Basic knowledge in financial accounting principles
- Knowledge in the preparation of financial statement and reports
- Experienced in use of SAP accounting software.
- Record and Book keep skills
- Understanding of Regulatory and Statutory requirements
- Competent to use MS Office
- Experience with international manufacturing company
- Team-player- Ability to relate and work in cooperation with people at all levels.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- High Level of confidentiality and integrity
- Demonstrates sound work ethics
- Effective verbal and written communication skills